My friends invited me to get a pedicure and I agreed to do it. This was a MAJOR undertaking for me. I do not like my feet being exposed! Here are five reasons why:
1. I am afraid birds will attack my feet. When I was a little girl and because I covered my feet, they were very white. I was dark everywhere except my feet. Ducks thought my feet were large pieces of bread. They attacked them and chased me around the lake we were at for summer vacation. I guess I could see their perspective…
2. I got picked on, as a kid, for having ugly feet. So, I hid them behind socks and tennis shoes. It took me several months before I let my husband see my feet (this was while we were dating.) He thought I had six toes!
3. I don’t tell many people this, but I am very ticklish on the bottom of my feet. I try to hide it and have successfully kept people away from my feet by telling them I am not ticklish! Can’t touch those!
4. I am afraid of pain in my feet. I had a large book shelf fall on them. It was still in the box. The boards were stacked and landed on my foot. My foot grew twice its size and I got a nasty bruise. I was pregnant at the time and was just miserable all around.
5. This one is more about being gross than fear, but I do not like dirt or anything getting in my toenails and I try to avoid situations that might cause this to happen! (Only with bare feet) I get those nasty callouses, as well. I don’t like people seeing that! It is disgusting to me and I don’t like to share that sight!
This brings me to the flip flops. I don’t like wearing them, even with a pedicure! I made a promise to my friends that I would wear them more this summer. Maybe I’ll wear brightly colored T-shirts and dark flip flops. Maybe they will focus on the shirt and not my feet…