I have been writing this 80s blog for less than a year now and I got the sweetest surprise on my “Let’s Hear It For Footloose!” post. Project1979 nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I have never been nominated for anything before and this was exciting!! THANK YOU!!! =D We have recently become blog friends and I enjoy the community feel of this site. It is truly inspirational.
Now, here is the info on the Super Sweet SUNSHINE AWARD:
Sunshine Award Rules:
1. Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Here are the 10 questions about myself:
1. When did you graduate from high school? In 1988 from Bellaire High School in Houston, Texas.
2. What was one of your favorite 80s movies? The Breakfast Club.
3. Who was your favorite 80s music group? Genesis! I love me some Phil Collins. I like his solo work as well.
4. What was your favorite tv show from the 80s? It is a toss up between The Cosby Show and Family Ties. Both are great shows and I couldn’t wait to watch them each week.
5. What was your favorite fashion statement? I loved the Converse shoes! I still have a red plaid pair today. I liked the gaudy earrings too! The bigger, the better!
6. What was your favorite cartoon from the 80s? I loved the little blue guys, The Smurfs and Scooby Doo. I never missed an episode, if I could help it. lol
7. In your opinion, what was the most memorable news story from the 80s? I would have to say Mount St. Helens. I had a small bottle of ash that I kept for years. It was a sample from right after the eruption. I live in Washington State now. Interesting, huh?
8. What was your favorite arcade game from the 80s? Pac-Man! I actually beat the game!
9. What was your favorite things to do in the 80s? I loved to bike ride, swim and roller skate. Most Fridays, I was at the roller rink with my friends.
10. Would you go back to the 80s if you could? No. I love the sweet memories, but I love my life in the present as well. I have a fantastic husband and two beautiful daughters that make life wonderful every day.
Pastor Greenbean Blog– This is a wonderful blog that is inspiring, entertaining and thought provoking. I fell in love with him and I think you will too. =)
Underground Biz– This is a beautiful blog about living in New York City. Paige has a deep love of her city and it shines through in this amazing blog. Stop by and pay her a visit. You won’t regret it.
Modicum of Talent, Flashes of Brilliance– This blog is all about the adventures of being an indie writer. Amy has a funny way of looking at the ups and downs of the experience. She is a wonderful lady and I have enjoyed getting to know her. You will too.
Redemption’s Heart– This blog is about Deana’s life after the kid’s have grown up. Her experiences and insights are funny and sweet. She will make you feel right at home.
Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide– Every time I go to this blog, my mouth waters and I gain about 10 pounds from just looking at the delectable food and drinks he shares! Do I really need to tell you to go pay him a visit??
The Heart of Art– Bryanna is a fabulous artist from Nova Scotia. Not only does she share her stunning art, she features other artists and their invigorating work as well. You want to see a great art exhibit? Drop by.
Genesis Meranda– She is one of the first blogs I started following when I joined WordPress. She was Freshly Pressed and it was a Toy Story post. That grabbed my attention and I have been reading ever since. Her blog has vitality and is quite comical at times. I think you will appreciate her.
The Big Sheep Blog– Lisa is hysterical! Her sarcastic posts are about things she sees on tv or the world around her. If you want a good belly laugh, go pay her a visit.
I’ve become my parents– This is the tagline, “Things my son needs to know before he grows up to be just like me.” I have actually snorted while reading this blog! I’m glad I was not eating or drinking at the time… Barmy is a riot. Go see for yourself!
re-inking life…– The artist was one of the first to follow me on WordPress and we have become blog friends. He is not afraid to speak his mind and his poetry is heartfelt. It is an honest look into his life and culture. Check it out.
sarahgoodreau– This is another fantastic artist. Her playful creations make me smile. You can tell she is a master illustrator. I hope you will stop by and see her work.
allrainydaysarentgray– Here is what she has written about her blog, “Just a collection of thoughts, inspirations, and pretty things. Enjoy!” I do enjoy this blog and love that she shares her array of finds with all of us.
Again, I want to thank Project1979 for this great honor. I am so excited for your first performance on May 18th. I hope that you have great success and are blessed by the experience. You are a true inspiration and I wish you all the best.
Have a great rest of your week and ROCK ON!
Like Totally Yours,