80s Music! It is an experience. From the music to the videos, you can’t beat it! Here are the Billboard Chart Toppers for 1982. Get ready to JAM with these fabulous tunes! =D
10. Hard to Say I’m Sorry- Chicago
9. Abracadabra- Steve Miller Band
8. Hurts So Good- John Cougar
7. Jack & Diane- John Cougar Mellencamp
6. Don’t You Want Me- The Human League
5. Centerfold- The J. Geils Band
4. Ebony and Ivory- Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
3. I Love Rock N Roll- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
2. Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
Drum Roll Please… The number one song of 1982 was…
Physical- Olivia Newton-John
I hope you have enjoyed these songs and remembered them with pure nostalgia! I sure did! If you would like to see more from this fantastic year, please visit this amazing site, Music Outfitters.
Like Totally Yours,
The music of the 80s was and is totally RAD! It defined my generation (that would be X.) To this day it is my favorite music. Many have tried to do covers of these songs, but to me, the originals are the best and cannot be duplicated. Here is the Billboard Top 10 songs for 1980 and their original videos:
10. Bette Midler “The Rose”
9. Billy Joel “It’s Still Rock And Roll To Me”
8. Lipps, Inc. “Funkytown”
7. Paul McCartney “Coming Up”
6. Queen “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
5. Captain & Tennille “Do That To Me One More Time”
4. Michael Jackson “Rock With You”
3. Olivia Newton-John “Magic”
2. Pink Floyd “Another Brick In The Wall”
1. Blondie “Call Me”
I don’t really like all of these songs, but don’t they bring back fond memories? It did for me! =D
Like Totally Yours,
One of my favorite things about the 80s was the fashion. You had to be a serious risk taker to really enjoy this time period. Leg warmers were one of the risks I was glad to take. I was a teenager in the eighties and had several pairs. I usually wore them with jeans.
Here is what wikipedia says about this cool fad:
Originally worn by dancers to keep their muscles from cramping after stretching, in the early 1980s leg warmers became a fad and wearing them was fashionable among teenage girls. Their popularity was partly due to the influence of the films Fame and Flashdance and the concurrent aerobics craze. They were worn with leggings, jeans, and tights or as part of aerobic wear.
See how cool they are?
This is how I wore them!
This just made me laugh!! =D
They are great conversation starters…
Look at those leg warmers go! =D
Did I mention how COOL they are? I have a red pair with pom poms on the top of them. They are TOTALLY Rockin’! I hope they make a come back. Maybe I should wear mine out in public to inspire this idea…
Like Totally yours,